Saturday, September 11, 2010

Getting Ready for Salvador Dali


In a couple of weeks this pencil artist shall be Dallying with Dali at Atlanta's High Museum of Art!

A favorite 'showman' artist of surrealism from my childhood, Salvador Dali's work is on display in Atlanta, Georgia, some of which has never before been viewed by the public. The exhibition is titled, 'Dali: The Late Work' so please click for more details.

The image above is a detail from my drawing Ecology Woman, an effort which I am quite certain was inspired by my early interest in the surrealism of Salvador Dali, among others.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jude! I saw a Dali in Munich years ago and it really stayed with me--best brushwork I'd ever seen. Have fun at the show--we are getting Picasso in October, and I'll be there for that--but if you've seen 'Pollock,' you know what we say about Picasso!
jd

Jude Cowell said...

'Picasso in October' sounds great and a little like a song lyric - enjoy and thanks for dropping by, Julie! jc